Our brokerage and the insurance industry have a solid track record of respecting your right to privacy and safeguarding your personal information. As a result of federal legislation , we’ve further strengthened our privacy commitment by informing you of why and how we collect, use and disclose your personal information in a manner that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
Private Information Collected.
Depending on the purpose(s) for which we need to collect it, we may ask for the following information including:
- Name, address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail, birth date.
- Claims history
- Driver’s record
- Details about your property such as the value of your home and its contents
We may obtain this information from:
- Insurance companies
- Credit organizations
- Motor vehicle and driver licensing authorities
Why do we collect personal information?
When you first become a client or whenever you acquire or renew a product from us, we need to collect some of your personal information. Common purposes for which we collect your personal information are to:
- Enable us to acquire or renew an insurance policy for you
- Assist you and assess your ongoing needs for insurance
- Assess your need for other products, such as financial products, and to offer them to you
- Ensure your information is accurate and up-to-date
- Protect us both against error or fraud
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
For many of the purposes identified above, we will need to share your personal information with others in order to serve your needs. These other parties commonly include:
- Insurance companies
- Other insurance brokers or agents
- Professionals working with us such as adjusters or lawyers
- Financial institutions
How do we protect your private information?
In order to protect your personal information and right to privacy, we will:
- Not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those that we identify to you
- Keep your personal information only for as long as we need it to fulfill the stated purpose or as required by law
- Maintain your private information in as accurate, complete and up-to-date a form as possible
- Safeguard your private information to the best of our ability
- Respond to any request you may make to access or correct the private information we hold about you.
Privacy Internet Communication
As the privacy of communication over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, we do not assume any responsibility for any harm, loss, or damage that might occur by the sending of personal and confidential information
Please do not hesitate to contact our Privacy Officer should you have any questions.
Our Privacy Officer may be contacted as follows:
Name of Organization: a10k Inc.
Address: 539-439 University Avenue, Toronto, ON
Email: [email protected]